Preparing for the new FEHA updates for 2016 doesn't have to be stressful. In fact, we've made the process a little bit easier by creating a few tools for you.
In addition to the free harassment policy template, we created a sexual harassment information sheet you are required to distribute per FEHA's new regulations.
This handy PDF contains all the required information and is easy to distribute to your team electronically or as a handout.
Keep reading below to find out more about how to comply with the new FEHA regulations for 2016 regarding the sexual harassment brochure.
During the Top Strategies to Comply with California's New FEHA Regulations webinar, we went over the requirements for the sexual harassment information sheet, but here's what you need to know. The sexual harassment brochure or information sheet must include:
1. The illegality of sexual harassment.
2. The definition under state and federal law.
3. Description of sexual harassment, utilizing examples.
4. Employer’s internal complaint process available to employees.
5. The legal remedies and complaint process available through the DFEH.
6. Contact info for the DFEH.
7. Protection against retaliation.
8. You can use Form 185 or create your own.
Do you have more questions about FEHA compliance? Email our experts at email@example.com!